Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Mariah!!!!



Mariah celebrated her 10th birthday today. I had to work this morning and Sherry attempted to make the birthday cake for me. Well, needless to say, it flopped. Mariah's comment was, "Well I didn't quite know how to tell you, but I wanted my mom to make it anyway!"



When I came home she insisted that the cake be made in a bundt pan, and the only pan that resembled that was my Angel food Cake Pan. As you can see, it turned out to look like a donut. I decided to add the finishing touch of the sprinkles. She thought that was so funny.



While the cake was cooking I ran to the party store, Mariah thought I was going out to my car to retrieve her presents. She said she would stay in my room until I said the coast was clear. I guess she stayed in there for approx. 30 min. before she realized that I wasn't even home. I surprised her with a bunch of balloons.


I made her wait until 7:00pm to open her gifts. When she opened the last gift, she had a puzzled look on her face. She opened the box and found a block of wood, a partially used roll of paper towels, and a orange grocery bag. Mariah removed each item one by one and found taped to the bottom of the box, gift cards to Walmart. That is when she let out a screech. I guess that is what she wanted, to go shopping.


In all she said she had a good birthday. She even shared the bows with Thomas. She is l so looking forward to the box that comes from Grandma on Tuesday.





1 comment:

Charity said...

That is too funny that she said that to sherry. What a smarty pants. Gosh I remember turning ten and painting my Duke's of Hasard Matchbox Cars all different colors with the number 10 on the top and the sides. Man I wish that i hadn't done that. They are wqorth so much money now. What was I thinking. oh i know I was thinking I am ten woo hoo! thats a double digit number that means something.